Friday, June 21, 2024
HomeFundingFunding Wrap of The Week | Asian Startups Funding Roundup | April...

Funding Wrap of The Week | Asian Startups Funding Roundup | April 7 – April 12

Asian Startups raised capital in order to expand and move into more successful. Here is this week’s Top 10 Asian Startups Funding Roundup.

Asian Startups raised capital in order to expand and move into more successful. Here is this week’s Top 10 Asian Startups Funding Roundup.

The Top 10 Asian Startups Funding Roundup of This Week

JSW Energy

JSW Energy Limited, a prominent participant in the Indian electricity industry, has effectively raised Rs 50 billion ($600.26 million) from institutional investors by selling shares, demonstrating their faith in the company’s potential for future expansion.

Prominent investors, such as the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA), participated in the fundraising.

Cyera

Israeli data security startup Cyera has announced the close of a $300 million funding round. Coatue spearheaded the funding round, which included participation from RedPoint, Accel, Sequoia, and Cyberstarts as well as new investors AT&T, Spark Capital, and Georgian. 

Cyera is the only Israeli business to achieve unicorn status through new investment, in contrast to the other companies that have recently announced significant funding rounds.

Terminus group

Terminus Group, a provider of smart city solutions through the application of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things, has secured a Series D round of funding totaling $276.4 million, led by AL Capital, a single-family office supported by Australian luxury property developer Aqualand Group. 

The round, which was co-led by the Chinese investment firm Yangming Equity Investment Fund, included participation from a number of state-affiliated investors.

Cornerstone Ventures

Cornerstone Ventures, an organization that specializes in business-to-business enterprise technology investments, announced the opening of its second fund. The fund has a $200 million target size, with a $50 million greenshoe option included.

According to a statement from Cornerstone Ventures, the fund would have a 12-year lifetime and offer customizable ticket sizes ranging from $5 million to $15 million in a mix of early- to growth-stage firms.

AhnLab

AhnLab’s CEO, Suk-Kyoon Kang, emphasized the joint venture’s goal of customizing AhnLab’s cybersecurity solutions to the unique requirements of the MENA region, especially in Saudi Arabia, in order to accelerate worldwide expansion.

Formation of a joint venture to develop cybersecurity technologies tailored for Saudi Arabia between a PIF technology subsidiary and AhnLab in South Korea.

Synapses

The venture capital fund Synapses debuted its first investment vehicle , with a goal of raising $125 million to invest in the healthtech and environment sectors.

The World Bank’s investment arm, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), previously employed Shukla as Head for South Asia, Disruptive Technologies, Direct Equity, and VC Funds.

Windrose Technology

A US$110 million Series B fundraising round was secured by Hong Kong-based electric heavy-duty truck startup Windrose Technology.

HITE Hedge Asset Management, Goodman Group, and other investors were among the backers. Windrose Technology focuses in autonomously capable heavy-duty class 8 trucks with zero emissions. It is heavy-duty truck startup Windrose Technology.

Filter Capital

An Indian growth investment firm with an emphasis on technology, Filter Capital India Fund, has successfully closed its first fund with a total capital of $97 million.

A statement released by Filter Capital stated that the company has received capital commitments from a wide range of investors, of which 60% are domestic and the remaining 40% are foreign.

ROKAE

The collaborative and industrial robot research and development company ROKAE has raised $69.1 million in a strategic investment round.

Its objective is to strategically invest in growth- and maturity-stage companies in a variety of industries, including new materials, power equipment, and new generation information technology.

Sprinto

Sprinto secures $20 million With participation from current investors Elevation Capital and Blume Ventures, Accel.

The capital will go towards growing into emerging markets, enhancing the client experience, and doing research and development (R&D).

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

Name the Top 10 Asian Startups Funding Roundup in this week ?

JSW Energy, Cyera, Terminus group, Cornerstone Ventures, AhnLab, Synapses, Windrose Technology, Filter Capital, ROKAE, Sprinto, are the Top 10 Asian Startups Funding Roundup in This Week.

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular